[Jukebox-list] Rockola 1426 wiring problems

Jens Hultgren drjukebox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:14:18 PST 2006

Hi Shawn,

the manual doesn't show much of how the machine is put together, and neither
does the diagrams. You can't see from the diagrams how the wires were run in
the cabinet, but you can use it to make your own layout.
The best for you is to find someone in the KC area with a 1422 or 1426 since
these two models are very similar (or possibly a 1428, but it is not built
the same way).
If you can look at an actual unmolested machine, it will save you many hours
and a few headaches.

Second best would be if you can find someone who can take pics and mail to
you. But there should be several 1426 Rockolas within driving distance.
Someone like Rick Botts would know more (he's editor of Jukebox Collector's
Newsletter and lives in Des Moines), give him a call.

I once 'almost' bought a nice original set of 1422-26-28 from Ray Eklund in
Lee's Summit, he may still be around (but the jukeboxes probably sold by now
:o)

As for the amp, you still need the tubes. You haven't changed anything, you
have just replaced old parts with new identical ones.

You will feel real good about yourself when it is lit up and playing again-

            enjoy, Jens