[Jukebox-list] Welcome, Wilhelm (and Off-topic subject)

Bob E. bobhsc at halted.com
Fri Jul 28 16:00:05 PDT 2000

At 04:31 PM 7/28/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>my name is Wilhelm Schroeder from Paderborn, Germany, and I am new to this
list.

Welcome to the list, Wilhelm.  Unfortunately I can't help you with your
question, as I am mainly familiar with Seeburgs.  However, I have to take
this opportunity to ask if this really happened...the name Paderborn
reminded me of a story that I was sent last year:

*****************
PADERBORN, GERMANY - Overzealous zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt
fed his constipated elephant Stefan 22 doses of animal laxative
and more than a bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the
plugged-up pachyderm finally let fly - and suffocated the keeper
under 200 pounds of poop!  Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich,
46, was attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive-oil enema
when the relieved beast unloaded on him like a dump truck full of
mud.  "The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected defecation
knocked Mr. Riesfeldt to the ground, where he struck his head on
a rock and lay unconscious as the elephant continued to evacuate
his bowels on top of him," said flabbergasted Paderborn police
detective Erik Dern.  "With no one there to help him, he lay
under all that dung for at least an hour before a watchman came
along, and during that time he suffocated.  It seems to be just
one of those freak accidents."

I hope you are not offended by this, but it was such an amazing story, and
since you are from Paderborn, I thought you could tell me whether it was
true or not...           --Bob
Bob Ellingson					bobhsc at halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc.			http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St.					(408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051  USA			(408) 732-6428 (FAX)