[Jukebox-list] Intro and Tempo II stepper question

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Fri Jul 28 08:00:26 PDT 2000

Might work, often the difference between stepper models is the number of
selections, and the 1478 might be a simple upgrade for the 1738. You will
need to compare the schematics. Too many letters is not a problem if the
sequence of selections is the same. Wall boxes typically send out a stream
of pulses, a pause, and the second stream. With each stream being either
the letters or numbers. If you have a wall box that has, for example, 20
numbers and 8 letters it can send the streams either numbers first or
letters first. If letters first, and you are using the stepper in a 200
selection machine that should not be a problem. If numbers first then there
is no problem. The order of pulses matters, i.e.- "A->K" vs "K->A", again
the schematics should sort that out.

A number of years ago we rigged up a device to have an IBM computer used to
control an OMT-45/CD, and it should be possible to control a regular 45
stepper style juke with even a simple PIC computer interface if someone
wants to take on the challenge.

John :-#)#