[Jukebox-list] mm-3 wiring

Joe Alberti jalberti at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 24 13:16:22 PDT 2000

I finally got the key for my MM-3, and I did replace the power cord because
the outside insulation was pretty brittle.  The inside wiring seems to be
OK.  I have ordered the service manual for it, and hopefully it will arrive
in a few days.

I was able to get the machine working within a day without the manual, but
it does have a few problems.

1.  It has pretty decent sound, after changing the needle, however the left
channel is weak.  I'm pretty sure the problem is in the amp.  I switched the
RCA plugs coming from the tonearm, and the problem remained in the left
channel.  It also makes a lot of noise thru the sound system when starting
to cycle at the end of the record, but then quiets down.

2.  Sometimes selections A through K will not work.  The buttons stay in,
and the selection motor runs continuously, but never makes a selection.  L
through V work fine.  I suspect a dirty contact somewhere.  Has anyone else
had this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe