[Jukebox-list] Seeburg "R" details

Don Kasbohm donkaz at lycos.com
Mon Jul 17 18:39:54 PDT 2000

--

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:43:37
 Jay Hennigan wrote:

>On the subject of Rs and detail, this may also apply to the J model.
>
>The mech cover of mine is cracked at the top screw, where they all are.
>I was noticing that the medallion on my mech cover was stuck in place
>with something resembling tar.  Black, void-filling glue.  Managed to
>very carefully saw through the goo with dental floss and free the emblem
>in order to work on the mech cover.
>
>But, I've seen others, and have a J emblem (the red one) that appear to
>have been fastened with four screws or rivets through holes in the corners
>of the emblem.  I think the ones without holes look a bit classier.  Any
>one know the story here?  Are some of them early aftermarket repros or
>did Seeburg change the design and if so which are earlier?

The one on my machine was just held in place with four screws. BUT...the heads of the screws had some sort or a fancy decorative square pattern on them. The nuts are hidden out of sight on the backside of the cover. Whether or not they all came this way, I haven't a clue. I was in Mike Fulpers shop this weekend, and I did see another R mech cover in there that looked like the emblem had been stuck on with this black stuff.
If you want to screw the emblem back on, good luck finding any of those screws with the funky square heads!

Don