[Jukebox-list] Seeburg "R" details

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Jul 17 16:43:37 PDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Jens A. Hultgren wrote:

>   Still have to see somebody do an "R" restoration so that it couldn't
> be told from original.

On the subject of Rs and detail, this may also apply to the J model.

The mech cover of mine is cracked at the top screw, where they all are.
I was noticing that the medallion on my mech cover was stuck in place
with something resembling tar.  Black, void-filling glue.  Managed to
very carefully saw through the goo with dental floss and free the emblem
in order to work on the mech cover.

But, I've seen others, and have a J emblem (the red one) that appear to
have been fastened with four screws or rivets through holes in the corners
of the emblem.  I think the ones without holes look a bit classier.  Any
one know the story here?  Are some of them early aftermarket repros or
did Seeburg change the design and if so which are earlier?