[Jukebox-list] Gorgeous "R"

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Jul 17 16:31:14 PDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Jens A. Hultgren wrote:

>   Still have to see somebody do an "R" restoration so that it couldn't
> be told from original.
> 			Jens

The toughest part of this is the printed or lithographed grain on the
sides.  As far as I can tell, this is true of all '50s Seeburgs.  I have
yet to have anyone explain exactly how this was applied.  On the R,
the same technique was also applied to the metal triangles to the sides
of the titleboard inside the dome.  It looks almost like a decal, perhaps
it is.

Of course, a lot of the really fine detail depends on the amount of time
the restorer wants to put into it.  Some of the antique radio people will
melt the wax out of old paper capacitors and hide new Orange Drops inside
the original paper tubes, rebuild electrolytic cans, etc.  I'm not sure I
would ever want to go that far.

Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323