[Jukebox-list] AMi I dome glass and flourescent lighting.

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Sun Jul 9 10:49:30 PDT 2000

Your ballast has shorted out. I have found that when approaching an unknown
ballast that if you measure the voltage across the two bulb sockets and it
is about 5- 10% HIGHER than your line voltage, then the ballast is OK. This
avoids blowing up valuable or hard to replace flourescent tubes. EG, for
115VAC line you would see 120VAC or more, and for 220VAC you would see
230VAC or higher. If the voltage is the same as line, then the ballast has
failed. Ballasts also read about 10 to 15 ohms resistance, but this test is
not as conclusive.